Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Finished!

Jul. 16th, 2005 07:52 pm
littlemoose: A photograph of a vivd blue swallowtail butterfly against an orange stucco wall (gryffie)
[personal profile] littlemoose
Well now... that was... something.

I'm a little... unsure about Snape. Yes, I've always been of the 'he's eeeevil' school of thought... but I'm not so sure if he is now - I know, the one book where he's an out and out baddie and I'm having doubts... it was... an interesting use of the greasy git, I'll give her that.

So Harry's off to quest for the Horcruxes... hmn. Ron and Hermione too, I expect. It'll be interesting to see how a deviation from the school year format of the books works.

I'm desperate to have the gaps filled in.

R.A.B... Regulus Black? He was killed, after all... didn't come back to the fold... I'll hold that thought for book 7 ;)

(as an aside, I liked Sluggy (and that surname has great shades of Roald Dahl... just sayin ;)) getting Ron's name wrong and calling him Rupert. JKR's having fun again...)

Lot of shipping going on... Ron and Hermione will of course end up together if they both make it through 7. Mum will be smug about the Harry/Ginny thing, she's predicted that from day one. I'm still holding out for Ron/Harry, but hey, a girl can dream... or write fic ;)

I liked it. I have not reread and will not reread OotP, but I have a feeling I'll come back to this one. I think three things are plain - JKR's enjoying writing again, she listened to people telling her she needs an editor (there was one on this book, according to Leaky), and now everything's starting to tie up she's gotten into a swing.

Let's hope 7 is as good as GoF was. :)

Date: 2005-07-16 07:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] madscot.livejournal.com
R.A.B had me thinking of R. Amelia Bones as another possibility.

I really liked it. Still think Snape is on the side of right, but she is enjoying keeping us guessing. Don't think he'll make it to the end of book 7.

Really, really liked it :-)

Date: 2005-07-16 08:00 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jamaisneutral.livejournal.com
Both sides could kill Severus. But he'll always live on in fanfic. Long live AU!

(Still savouring at p300)

Date: 2005-07-16 08:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] madscot.livejournal.com
Sev will never die - not so long as fanfiction lives.

Date: 2005-07-16 08:17 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jamaisneutral.livejournal.com
he'll have to show his true colours eventually, and then it's easy for the other side... well, not "easy". Killing off Severus will not be easy. Muahahah!
Oh, but imagine if he walked away from this without ever having to show his colours... still an enigma... now wouldn't that be fabulous! :-)

Date: 2005-07-16 08:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] madscot.livejournal.com
Oh yes...I'd love that....keeping us guessing. Bwahahahaha...Are you listening JK?

Date: 2005-07-16 08:29 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jamaisneutral.livejournal.com
*bangs on the internet* JKAAAAAAAAAY, helloooooooo... :-)

Date: 2005-07-16 08:38 pm (UTC)

Date: 2005-07-16 07:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jamaisneutral.livejournal.com
you've been on the "he's evil school"? the nerve!

Date: 2005-07-17 10:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dracothelizard.livejournal.com
Heh, I preferred OotP to this one, actually. And damn! All the snogging and the romance! The shippers are going to go wild! But I liked it. And as for Sev, I'm off the 'he SEEMS evil, and he is an evil bastard, but he's not 'ALL MUGGLES MUST DIE BWAHAHA!' evil like Voldemort.

Also, Snape = HBP! Haha! That will so come back in the next book.

Profile

littlemoose: A photograph of a vivd blue swallowtail butterfly against an orange stucco wall (Default)
littlemoose

December 2011

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
181920212223 24
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Page generated Sep. 11th, 2026 01:53 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios